- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 TBL tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup cooked corn
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 (3.5oz) can chipoltes in adobo, minced
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 cup rolled oats, ground into crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Place quinoa in a small saucepan along with 1 cup of water. Bring the water to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed. Remove from heat
- Heat the oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 mins. Season with salt.
- Place the mixture into a large bowl. Add 1 ½ cans of beans to the bowl and mash with a potato masher until a pasty mixture forms
- Stir in remaining beans, other ingredients, ½ tsp salt, and stir in quinoa and oats.
- Make 8 patties. Brown in a frying pan with oil, 4 mins on each side.