Here is the basic principle for making simple salad dressing… you can get creative with these ingredients; experiment and find out what you like. Start by mixing oil with lemon (or lime juice) or vinegar, at a ratio of 3 parts oil to 1 part acid.
- Oil – extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed, walnut, or avocado
- Acid - lemon or lime juice, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, red or wine vinegar
- Optional – Dijon mustard (mixed with lemon or vinegar)
- Optional – clove fresh garlic
- Optional – seasonings including salt, fresh ground black pepper, fresh or dried herbs such as basil, oregano, garlic, rosemary, and onion
- To make dressing creamy – avocado or tahini